I received my Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from the University of Perugia in 2014.
I am currently a post-doc researcher at the University of Perugia. I have been a visiting PhD student at the National Tsing Hua
University of Taiwan in 2012 (3 weeks), and at the University of Tuebingen in 2013 (3 months), and a visiting post-doc fellow at the University of Waterloo in 2015 (2 months).
My research interests include graph drawing and graph algorithms, computational geometry, information visualization, and algorithm engineering.
My curriculum vitae:
Scientific Project "Analysis, design, and development of algorithms and interfaces for the visual analysis of data within the Knowledge Discovery system PiattaformaPA and B2B" - Participant
- Scientific project "Models and techniques for document categorization/indexing in the GLOBAL DOC system" - Participant
- Scientific project "INFINITY - Models and algorithms for the visual representation of information on the driving styles of a big dataset of drivers" - Participant
- MIUR Proj. Smart Cities and Communities and Social Innovation, "INTOUR: Intelligent Platform for Tourism", ref. SCN_00166 - Participant
- MIUR, PRIN 12,"AMANDA: Algorithmics for MAssive and Networked DAta", prot. 2012C4E3KT 001 - Participant
- Regional scientific project, "VITA: Information Visualization and Assistive Technologies" - Participant
- GD 2017: 25th International Symposium on Graph Drawing & Network Visualization, September 25-27, 2017, Northeastern University in Boston, U.S.A. - PC member
- IISA 2016: 7th International Conference on Information, Intelligence, Systems and Applications, Special Session GNV: Graph and Network Visualization, July 13-15, 2016, Chalkidiki, Greece - PC member
- EuroCG 2012: 28th European Workshop on Computational Geometry, 19-21 March 2012, Assisi, Perugia, Italy - OC member
- June 2016. Winner of the "2016 Algorithms Travel Award" sponsored by Algorithms, an international open access journal, which
provides an advanced forum for studies related to algorithms and their applications, published quarterly online by MDPI.
- February 2011. Winner of the national prize "Premi di Laurea Giorgio Santini 2010" for the best thesis in Computer Engineering.
Recent teaching activities:
Past teaching activities:
- Models and technologies for Big Data, Doctorate Course in Industrial and Information Engineering (Corso di Dottorato in Ingegneria Industriale e dell'Informazione), 2016 - 2017
- Laboratory of Information Visualization, Master Course in Computer and Automation Engineering (Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Ingegneria Informatica e dell'Automazione), 2011 - present
- ICT for Smart Cities 2015, Post-graduate Master (Master di secondo livello) in Designing Smart Cities.
- Development of Software Systems, TUCEP course, May 2015.
- Tutoring of Geometry, Undergraduate Course in Information Engineering (Corso di Laurea Triennale in Ingegneria dell'Informazione), 2011-2012
- Tutoring of Analysis II, Undergraduate Course in Information Engineering (Corso di Laurea Triennale in Ingegneria dell'Informazione), 2011-2012
I have been a collaborator of the Vis4 Srl company, started as a spin-off of the University of Perugia, and working in the Information Visualization and Visual Analytics fields.
The spin-off, founded in 2009, established relevant contracts and collaborations with national and international companies and institutions, like the Financial Intelligence Agency (AIF) of the San Marino Republic and Fabrica, the advertisement company of the Benetton group.
Vis4 is also one of the founding member companies of the GGB Consortium (Genomics, Genetics, and Biology), founded in the 2010 with the financial support of the Umbria Region; GGB is a center of technological excellence, both in the national and in the international contexts.
From 2010 to 2014 I worked as software engineer in several projects of the company.
In 2014 I have been appointed as administrator of the company. I quit this position in December 2014.
In November 2014, all the academic members of Vis4 have sold their shares to private entrepreneurs, and the company has changed his name.
Distributed Graph Drawing Algorithms
Visual Analysis of Biological Networks
Drawing Large Hierarchical Clustered Networks
Visual Analysis of Financial Activity Networks